星期五

RSS feed of the day

ive taken a recent interest in council matters as I also live in the area of the council that pays my salary. so whenever i hear anyone complaining about exorbitant council rates, parking etc i quickly set them straight [hoping for employee of year award].

when I was delivered this site of japanese manhole covers, each which reflects the unique identity of the town/city (with a bit of whimsy thrown in) I immediately began to think of the exciting possiblities of a city of yarra manhole cover.

here are my suggestions, which I am thinking of submitting to staff the roads department, of which I now have direct access. if anyone else has other ideas please submit.
  • culturally diverse yarra: johnston st fiesta - a bullfight scene with a local paint sniffer becoming confused about what is real and what is an illusion
  • street vitality in yarra: guythrowing up on the sidewalk after a big night
  • yarra pets and children: kid milking cow at collingwood childrens farm. how cute!!!
  • intellectual yarra: young guy (wearing some sort of ethnic scarf) casually studying manuscript in cafe on brunswick st, preferably marios
the image I have chosen here, for nostaligic reasons, is the manhole cover of osaka city my second home after my beloved perth (which is always a better place to live when I dont actaully have to live there). as an example of the whimsical nature of the japanese, the cherry blossoms in the image only come out for about 2 wks a year, for the remaining 50 osaka is concrete jungle and little else.

2 条评论:

Marie 说...

You should talk to Katia, She has a collection of photos of manhole covers she took when overseas. Nothing quite as ornate as yours though. You know there are even a few books on manhole covers published.

Elephant's Child 说...

I say if you've got cherry blossoms, use 'em.